If you have not heard yet let me be the first to tell you that…
We are adopting from China!
There is so much to share within that loaded statement, I know. That is why we plan to use this space to share our journey toward adoption. Now all I need is to muster up the courage to hit “publish” on the other posts I’ve written so far. This is one step in that direction. Accountability is crucial, right?
Hopefully there are more projects like this one, and this one, and this one in the future for Spur On Love and we are still open go where the Lord leads. Got a story for us to tell? However, for right now, the main focus here will be our adoption story. So I hope you will stick around. We will share our hearts, our struggles, our fears, and our victories. We will encourage and educate as best as we can. We also hope to learn from this community. So please share away. Comment in the comment section. Email us. Leave links to your blogs and Instagram accounts. We want to connect. We are all about community and for sure will need a strong one for the days, weeks, months, and years ahead.
Will you be our community?
And one more exciting announcement…
We just received our lid!
As of 10/20/2015 we are officially logged in with China!
This is a huge milestone in the adoption world. This now means we can be matched with ANY child in the Special Needs program!
Our adoption agency explains it better than I can. They clarify that, “The CCCWA (the ultimate authority in China adoption) classifies all Waiting Children’s files into one of two groups. Most children, as in 60%+, are classified as Special Focus, which means they can be matched to a family at any stage of the adoption process. The rest (so a bit under 40%) are classified as LID-only, which means they can ONLY be matched to a family with a logged-in dossier.”
For now we are celebrating our log-in date and just waiting to be matched with our daughter. That match could happen tomorrow or it could happen in 2 years. We are thankful that God’s timing is perfect. And so we wait.