I know so many people who feel called to write, but just don’t do it.
There are so many reasons why they choose not to write. And I get it. I was there too. Can you relate?
Instead of listing all the reasons why you shouldn’t write let’s list the reasons why you SHOULD.
You feel called to write. You love words. You have fingers that can type. You have a story to share. You have a powerful testimony. You have an average testimony. You don’t think you have a testimony. You have a brain. You have experienced life. You think thoughts. You are the only one of YOU on the planet. You are passionate about something that others need to know about. You have a vision and it is important.
Seriously, I could keep going, but you get the point.
So, you feel called to write. But what now? Let me invite you to get wild for a moment, to jump in head first into this world of writing. Let me give you a reason to start writing today or if you have written in the past, some motivation to get back at it.
I am hosting a writing challenge and I need you to join me. This challenge is the perfect reason to stop dragging your feet on this dream swirling in your heart. It will offer you a safe community that will support you, encourage you, and keep you accountable. What do you have to lose?
HOW IT WILL WORK:
- You commit to writing one blog post a week for four weeks staring on September 11. Every Monday you will publish your post, but don’t share it yet on social media.
- Email me with a link to your post each Monday by 9pm EST.
- Each Tuesday I will send an email out with all the links of everyone participating. Copy and paste those links to the end of your blog post to show love and encouragement to everything joining in. Now is the time to share on social media with your family and friends. You can do it! Be brave.
- Read the posts by the other participants and leave comments. ENCOURAGE, ENCOURAGE, ENCOURAGE!
What we will be participating in:
- Encouraging and championing each other as we dive deeper into this world of writing.
What we will NOT be participating in:
- The comparison trap. You do you, boo! Please guard your heart against judging yourself and your writing against someone’s writing. This is about finding YOUR voice and making steps toward your dream of writing. It is not about out writing others or building your platform.
- The theme will be: things you need your tribe to know OR things that make life better …………………………………… I explain the theme in more detail here in this post. We will be writing about our core values, about things we truly believe, lessons we want to share with others, or about ways we live our lives that we believe others would benefit from. A few topics I plan to write on are gratitude, kindness, gracious assumptions, and dance parties. You can take as much liberty with this this as you would like. There is freedom here. If you feel led to write about something else entirely, then by all means get after it.
How do I join the challenge:
- Send me an email at email@example.com. Deadline to register is Sept 8.
- Your first blog post will be due on Monday, September 11th.
What if I don’t have a blog:
- It is the perfect time to get one. There are many companies that offer them for free. I experimented myself and I was able to create a WordPress blog in about 3 minutes. Do not let the design element cripple you. Don’t over think it. Just get started. You can always come back and edit it later. Progress, not perfection is our motto.
- The other route is you can buy a domain name and go from there. You would need a hosting company if you go that route and there are so many options. I use Bluhost and they could be your one stop shop. Check them out. I also use Prophoto for my template design, but have heard great things about Squarespace. Those are just the options I am familiar with.
- If blogging is really not for you let me know and I will give you another way to participate.
So, what do you say? Are you in?